We hear a lot about the importance of goal setting and planning, but most of us do not have clear and measurable goals to work towards.
So how important is palnning and goal setting to success?
In 1979 Harvard Business School conducted a survey of their new MBA Graduates and asked them:
-84% had no specific goals at all
-13% had only verbal goals, that were not committed to paper
-3% had clear written and verbal goals and plans to accomplish them
In 1989 Harvard Business School interviewed those same graduates and the results were staggering!
-The 13% of the class who had verbal goals were earning on average, twice as much as the 84% of the class who had no goals at all.
– Even more staggering- the 3% of the class who had clear verbal and written goals were earning, on average, ten times as much as the other 97% put together!
This study is an extremely motivating example of why creating and writing down clear and measurable goals and plans is the key to success. And here at ActionCOACH we hold that key!
- The Business At a Glance
- USP, Mission, Success Factors, Capital Requirements
- Products & Services
- Success Factors
- Goals, Milestones, Strategies
- Customer Management
- The Competitive Landscape
- Financial Plan
- 5 Year Income Statement
- 5 Year Annual Balance Sheet
- 5 Year Cash Flow
- Comprehensive Diagnostic
- Strategies For Improvement